Tuesday, July 12, 2011


Jaq Dionisio of the band Kiss Jane. When I was traveling in Laoag, Ilocos Norte, I happened to pass by their mall. Coincidently, Filipino rapper Gloc 9 and Jaq were scheduled to perform later that afternoon. So, I decided to stay and watch.

When you hear the name of the band, you'd think that the vocalist's name is Jane. Well, I did (so I guess it's just me). Their band is composed of members Jaq (vocals), Jeff (guitars), Heinz (bass), and Sheila (drums... yes, a girl on the drums, which happens to be their songwriter as well). Their music is somewhat unique, though it reminds me of 90's OPM hits from bands with female vocalists on them (Moonstar 88, anyone?). Nostalgic. Some of their famous hits are Kahit Na, Baliw, and Lagi.

What was surprising was that the female voice on the songs Elmer and Kung Tama Siya of Gloc 9 was actually Jaq... Amazing! Original Pinoy Music has gone a long way since I was High School, listening to bands Rivermaya, Yano, and Barbie's Cradle. Long live our music!

Here a few more shots of Jaq. Her Facebook Fan Page can be accessed here.




Picture 1: F 5.6, 1/30 sec, ISO 800, 200mm; Picture 2: F 5.6, 1/30 sec, ISO 800, 171mm; Picture 3: F 5.6, 1/30 sec, ISO 800, 200mm; Picture 4: F 5.6, 1/30 sec, ISO 800, 171mm

No comments:

Post a Comment